English, we all know that is a leading international language in every subject such as diplomacy, science, business, the internet, etc. English is the only language that connects people from different cultures, religions, and boosts up your confidence if you travel to foreign countries. Therefore, we can say it is crucial for both professional and personal life.
Learning and speaking English assist you to acquire top-class and reputed jobs like posts in the travel and tourism sector, eCommerce operations, international business, etc. With the growing time, foreign countries are also increasingly hiring new talented recruiters for their massive business. So, the capability of communication in English is considered as a huge asset for abroad companies because knowing English is the priority. To interact with international clients, convincing them for deals, building lasting business relationships with them, all such things required a good understanding of the English language.
These 5 key points will explain to you why English is important in your life.
Employees who speak more than one language are inclined to make more money. For instance, if your firm requires a person to go abroad for business purposes and you know the English language very well then you may stand a chance to get a trip to a foreign country on behalf of your company.
- New career opportunities are generated
This is the very first importance of learning English, as acquiring a job in the best company will decide your future growth. To attain more career opportunities, English speaking adds more grace to your job profile. Learning English could provide you jobs like English translator, English marketing, teacher, tour guide, etc. This proves that whatever job profile you choose for your career, learning English is a must.
- Admission in foreign universities
Indian students have been traveling overseas for getting admission to top-ranked universities, schools, colleges or seeking jobs. Scoring good in exams like TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, will help you take admission in universities anywhere in the world. Furthermore, if you have passed out of your college or not interested in taking these tests, then you can just only learn for it so that it can help you to obtain essential English skills.
- English is classified as the top language of the internet
These days everyone is using the internet for meeting their small needs and over 1 billion people are using it for chatting, business purposes, marketing, etc. If you have learned the English language then you can use various software, applications, read articles, etc.
- Speaking English makes you a smarter person
Exactly, the heading itself describes everything! Studies have shown that knowing English changes one’s brain structure in a good way, brings confidence, helps to grow other interpersonal skills, etc. Similarly, learning English will give you access to read books, magazines, and articles to increase your knowledge.
- You can explore a new culture overseas
Traveling to foreign countries for holidays, enjoying the nightlife, family outing, business trips, etc. has become trendy in recent years. Therefore, for comfort and a luxurious journey abroad learning the English language is vital to communicate with local people.
Did you know?
- Watching videos of people doing conversation in English may help you learn faster.
- Try to talk in English with the people you meet in daily life.
- Practice makes a man perfect.
- Explore the internet for various articles to read.
- You can watch English movies with English subtitles.
- FluentU can assist you to learn workplace English.
- If you feel exhausted by doing a lot of tasks to learn English, then just learn Phrasal Verbs for faster communication.
Best English learning courses, classes, training, and certification online are:
- Speak Better English (Lingoda)
- Speak English Professionally by Georgia Teck (Coursera)
- Learn English for free
- English for Adults (British Council)
- University English Speaking Certifications (edX)
For speaking fluently…
- Use grammar correctly, without reluctance.
- Show confidence while communicating.
- Your voice must be smoother and sound natural.
- Try to increase your speed while speaking.
- Build a huge vocabulary fast.
Well, then what are you waiting for?
If you have good expertise in English, then there are many opportunities out there waiting for you to build your career and enhance your future.