Crimea State Medical University (CSMU) is attested according to the highest (the fourth) Level of accreditation. Crimea State Medical University ranks third among all Medical Universities in Ukraine & the higher medical schools in Ukraine and university in Ukraine of the 4th accreditation level according to the last world ranking list of the MMBBS Admission in Europeinistry of Health of Ukraine. The University activities confirm with The Constitution of Ukraine, Official Ukrainian legislation, acts issued by the President and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Decrees of the Health Department and Education Department of Ukraine, the University Rules.
History of the Crimea State Medical University goes back to the beginning of the 21st century: in 1918. It was medical faculty of Taurida University
In 1931 it separated and became an autonomous unit – Crimea Medical Institute.
Since 1995 the higher school has been named in honor of Sergey Ivanovich Georgievsky (rector of the institute in 1951-1970). In 1998 the higher school became a university with the 4th (highest) accreditation level.
Throughout these years the medical school has been a center for academic and vocational medical education and medical science in the Crimea at the same time offering specialized consultation in the directions General Medicine and Pharmacy.
Today it is an up-to-date educational institution upgrading itself to keep abreast of global trends in medical education and research, developing its intellectual potential and providing top specialists for medical services. The University has always been striving for excellence in teaching and research.
To enhance the quality of education the consecutive model of medical education has been created at the University: the preparatory department, preparatory courses and medical lyceum; 5 faculties to train doctors and a faculty of post-diploma education.
Junior specialists and bachelors are trained in the specialities: Nursing, Prosthetic Dentistry, PhMBBS Admission in EuropeMBBS Admission in Europearmacy; doctors, in the specialities: General Medicine, Pediatrics, Clinical Pharmacy and Dentistry. Internship is available in 22 specialities. Post-diploma education includes residency, Master’s program and postgraduate study or PhD program. Refresher courses in 48 specialities are available at the faculty of post-diploma education. The University has elaborated a holistic approach as to the organizational, scientific and methodological aspects of the educational process. The clinical departments are provided with all the necessary equipment and demonstration aids: educational films, moulages, phantoms, diagnostic inventory – everything has been done for the educational process to meet the modern requirements. It is particularly important nowadays when the University has actively started the transformation of educational process according to the Bologna system.
The University is constantly a leader in the rating among the Ukrainian higher medical schools according to the results of the state licensed exams “STEP-M”, “STEP-1”, “STEP-2”, “STEP-3”. The University is particularly proud of its highly qualified academic staff, which totals 850 persons: 99 Doctors of Science, Professors, and 356 Candidates of Science (Ph.D. holders), Associate Professors. 40 University professors are academicians and corresponding members of domestic and foreign Academies of Sciences; 14 are State Prize laureates, 60 have honorary titles.
The university is a prominent scientific and medical center of Crimea. More than 50 scientific themes are being carried out here; about 5–10 doctoral and 25–30 master’s theses are being defended annually. The universMBBS Admission in Europeity participates in 16 international research programs and publishes several scientific periodicals. The total amount of students is about 4700 (1700 students are foreign citizens, who study in English).
Campuses and buildings
The territory of the university (without the clinical bases) occupies 17.3 hectares. It has 16 educational buildings, five hostels, covered track and field athletics arena, sport centre (with stadium and swimming pool), several cafes. The library fund of university is about 600,000 books. University has also its own publishing centre.
The staff of the university consists of about 700 teachers (c. 100 doctors of sciences and c. 350 candidates of sciences). 39 professors of the University are academicians and corresponding members of domestic and foreign Academies.
Tuition Fees & Accommodation
- A tuition fee varies for each course in Crimea State Medical University. It is the responsibility of the student to be familiar with the University regulations and financial matters. Crimea State Medical University cannot make adjustments to any fees.
- Foreign students who are entering the first course have to pay their full fees for the whole academic year. From the following academic years student can pay their tuition fees for each semester.
- Apart from this payments student have to pay for hostel, admission letter, invitation letter, visa confirmation, medical insurance, Registration fee and airport clearance.
Pre Medical / Foundation Course
- Deadline to attend the Preparatory department: February every year
- Application start and deadline: March to 31 December every year
- Tuition fees for the Pre-medical course is USD 2300$ (Tuition fees + Accommodation)
- The intake is for all around the year. The duration of the course is 10 months. The medium of instruction is English.
After successful completion of the preparatory faculty students can continue major program in Russian/ Ukrainian language.
MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery
The medium of instruction of medical course (M.D – MBBS) is English.
The duration of the medical course is 6 years including one year internship.
The following expenses as follows to study in the English medium medical faculty:
- First Year-4150 $ US Dollar (Tuition fees + Accommodation)
- Second year – 4150 $ US Dollar (Tuition fees + Accommodation)
- Third year – 4150 $ US Dollar (Tuition fees + Accommodation)
- Fourth year – 4150 $ US Dollar (Tuition fees + Accommodation)
- Fifth year – 4150 $ US Dollar (Tuition fees + Accommodation)
- Sixth year – 4150 $ US Dollar (Tuition fees + Accommodation)
BDS – Bachelor in Dental Surgery
The following expenses as follows to study in the English medium dental faculty:
First Year – Fifth Year 5150 $ US Dollar (Tuition fees + Accommodation)